This policy is in place to alleviate safety and confidentiality concerns voiced by parents, staff members and community members.Note that unless you are a registered student at TEC or a board employee, you are considered to be a visitor to the school.The School Advisory Council has endorsed this policy for the safety of all students attending Tamarac Education Centre.
The policy aims to:
- reduce the access that non staff adults have to your child;
- guard confidential information regarding your child. Other adults will not gain confidential and/or personal information about your child;
- reduce disruptions to the learning environment;
- and reduce hallway congestion.
It has been recognised that there are certain situations where a parent may need to support their child’s transition to the classroom. In those cases the parent will need to work with the teacher, guidance counsellor and administration so that the child’s needs are in the forefront and the policy is respected.
Parents, staff and students thank you for your attention to and support of our visitor policy.
Please contact the school if you have any questions or concerns.
- All visitors must enter the school using the front doors. Upon entering the school, please report to the office and the office personnel will be happy to assist you.
- All visitors are required to sign our visitor book. Visitors must remain in the office or lobby area.
- Visitors may not visit classrooms, gymnasium, outside play area or enter the hallways during drop off times, pick up times or during the school day. If you have an appointment with a teacher, the teacher will meet you at the office of lobby.
- Visitors are required to use the staff washrooms in the main office if necessary.
- If you are delivering a lunch or other item for a student, please leave it at the main office and the student will be called to the office during a break.
- When you are dropping off or picking-up your child, you are required to do so at the school lobby.
- If parents or guardians need to meet with a teacher at any point during the day, the teacher will be contacted to see if they are available.
- Staff and visitors must wear an identification card or pass.
Again, the cooperation of all parents, guardians, students and staff members is appreciated as we strive to create a safe environment for all.